Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Network Congestion

We've identified a point of network congestion that is slowing traffic down as we reach our peak usage around 11 PM.

Looking at network traffic, it appears that we've had slowdowns from around 10:00 PM to midnight each of the last two nights (since the students returned from spring break).

I've purchased a server to better manage traffic at the point of congestion and am configuring it as I write this.

I am going to try to be slick and bring this server online at 6:00 PM today, but if I can't do it without causing a network outage I'll need to install it and change the requisite routes at around 4:00 AM tomorrow.

That means another slowdown tonight from 10:00 PM to Midnight.

Thank you for your patience as we work to improve service for everyone.