Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Where we suck and how we are improving it.........

Google changed their mapping API last week (or finally disabled the version we were using), so I ended up reaching into our website's signup software and the member side of our management portal.

They really suck.  Not just a little.  They suck a lot.

There are a number of things we need to improve.  We need to allow our members to update their information easier, pay past due bills online, upgrade or downgrade service.   We need to provide better information about our products and limit the amount of time it takes us to provision and set up service for our members.

As a Wicked Broadband member you shouldn't have to call us unless you want to chat with Lionell (who is very friendly and wants to chat with you too.)

So, over the next three weeks I am going to re-code the entire thing from the ground up.  I don't know if I can get it done, tested and delivered in this time frame, but I'll give it my best shot.  If not, we'll get it out as close to this date as we can.

Sorry for taking so long to notice this issue.  I'll work to do better in the future.